Faith Formation: Grades Pre-K Through 9
Christian Faith Formation is a life-long deepening of our baptismal journey. We take an inter-generational/whole community approach to catechetical formation. We call our religious formation program G.R.A.C.E.: Growing and Responding As Catholics Everyday.
Registration is now open for the 2023-24 Faith Formation year. The formation sessions will take place from 6:30 – 8pm the first and third Sunday evenings of each month beginning on September 17th and ending on May 5th.
The first Sunday of the month will include a meal and required parent participation in the Encounter program for Adults. The third Sunday of the month will be for students only, though adoration will be offered for parents who choose to stay.
Sacramental preparation will take place within these scheduled sessions, with the addition of 3 parent Formation meetings, a parent/child retreat for First Reconciliation and a parent/child retreat for First Eucharist in 2nd grade (see dates below).
Additionally, we are pleased to announce that we will be continuing with the 5pm Sunday Mass once a month. This Mass will take place on the First Sunday of the month beginning in October and ending in May.
We will also continue offering formation for 4- and 5-year-olds once a month, on the first Sunday of the month. We will introduce the students to stories of the Bible. See the schedule below.
SESSION SCHEDULE (September 17th – May 5th):
1st Sunday of the month:
- 5pm Mass
- 6pm Family Meal
- 6:30pm Faith Formation for children, teens and adults by age groups
- 8pm Conclusion
*at least one parent is required to attend
3rd Sunday of the month:
- 6:30 Faith Formation for grades 1-8
- 6:30 Exposition and Adoration available for families
- 8pm Conclusion
*9th grade students who will be receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation this fall are required to attend 3 youth group meetings per their Confirmation Requirement Form as well as their Confirmation rehearsal prior to receiving the Sacrament. We ask that you please register your child as confirmation that they will be completing the program and making their Confirmation this Fall.
SACRAMENTAL PREP DATES:
- RECEPTION OF CONFIRMATION (9th grade).
- October 25th – Rehearsal
- October 29th, 11:30am – Confirmation Mass
- CONFIRMATION PREP (7th and 8th grade students). *All 7th and 8th grade students prepare for Confirmation over two years. Confirmation takes place in the fall of 9th grade
- October 15th, 6:30pm – Parent info meeting
- April 20th, 1-6pm – Retreat for 8th graders
- FIRST RECONCILIATION/FIRST COMMUNION
- October 15th – Parent meeting, 6:30pm
- November 29th – First Reconciliation Retreat, 6:30-8pm
- December 6th – First Reconciliation, 6:30pm
- January 21st – Parent Formation/Meeting, 6:30pm
- April 21st – Parent Formation/Meeting, 6:30pm
- April 27th – First Communion Retreat
- May 19th – First Communion at 11:30am
YEARLY TUITION for 2023-24 is:
- 4-5 year-olds – $35
- Grades 1-8 – $110 per child or $155 per family
- Additional $15 Sacramental fee for First Communion Candidates
- Grade 9 – $20 (to cover snacks/material for youth group meetings they will be attending as well as other administrative costs related to the reception of the Sacrament)
The maximum amount of tuition your family is required to pay is $155
For more information on our programs, please contact:
Coordinator of Faith Formation
Beth (Mersino) Dolinshek